After all the shootings and the outraged public, president Obama decided to take action signing 23 executive orders to curb gun violence.
See the White House list below:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
As responsible adults, we can all agree that those are very important changes dealing with the increasing gun violence. However, the core of the shootings and killings are committed by criminals. Yes South Side Chicago, that’s you as well.
With all those knee-jerk laws dealing with a long overdue problems, those executive orders are essentially worthless. Why?
Because with 270,000,000 private weapons in the United States (www.gunpolicy.org), the real issue behind the gun violence is the criminal underground. And what criminals do? Yes, they don’t care about any laws.
Let me illustrate this UberNibbler style with the gun sandwich. Usually, the general population responds better to visual aids. So bite on this.
As you can see, the legal gun owners are the squeezed cheese and the crazies are a baloney. So you can issue as many executive orders or new laws as you want – they won’t solve the problem. BTW, Congress, get to work already. Enough with the party line this and party line that nonsense. We are the people and we demand real actions from the Congress and the States. Get to the bottom of the violence: poor areas, uneducated people, lack of jobs, lack of support, single-parent families. Heal the society and you will disarm the violence.
Like what you see? Spread the sandwich. Where’s Jared Fogle when you need him?
TagsAdam Smith bait-and-switch cash Chevy chicago Chicago Improv Chick-fil-A credit card dealership drive-thru Dumb and Dumber elections Evanston garbage General gun control hacking Harland Williams HBO Hurricane Sandy Jeff Daniels Jersey Shore Jim Carrey Kia Las Vegas LIBOR london lottery new car Nicole Snooki Polizzi nude pictures Obama pee Prince Harry psy Rachel Elizabeth rocks The Newsroom TMZ US Prime Rate
- Funtime on Ain’t nobody got time for that kapooya, kapooya bed intruder!
- Ain't nobody got time for that kapooya, kapooya bed intruder! - UberNibbler Blog on Hilarious Texas hail storm description
- Dominican Republic immigrant claims $338 million Powerball lottery jackpot - UberNibbler Blog on Underestimating Jersey Shore Snooki?
- Uber Nibbler on TV deals just for Jeremy boooyyyy!
- Boris on TV deals just for Jeremy boooyyyy!