Last Friday, Chicago Improv comedy club hosted Alonzo Bodden, the third season winner of the Last Comic Standing. First of all, the guy is tall. 6′ 4″ to be exact. He reminded me of a black Hulk when he walked onto the stage. No, not the Hulk Hogan. Hogan is taller, 6′ 7″. The green Hulk, except black and with sense of humor.
And humorous he was. Check out the video on The Kevin Nealon Show when Bodden talks about Google. Yes, he was still in the process of writing that piece. And why is Kevin Nealon uncomfortable in his little director’s chair?
About half way through the gig, some girl from the first row decided that some of the jokes were too much, and she asked Bodden to take a notch or two down. I haven’t seen that before at the comedy club. Yes, the disapproving reaction of the crowd happens but a single person? Anyone else had seen that?
I have to admit, Bodden handled that criticism skillfully. The girl was happy, and the comic could move on to the sport jokes. Crown just went along with the jokes and laughs.
Although, I prefer a more physical stand-up, he’s material was decent. Add a glass of wine, plate of hummus, and gorgeous date, and my evening was complete. Or was now?
TagsAdam Smith bait-and-switch cash Chevy chicago Chicago Improv Chick-fil-A credit card dealership drive-thru Dumb and Dumber elections Evanston garbage General gun control hacking Harland Williams HBO Hurricane Sandy Jeff Daniels Jersey Shore Jim Carrey Kia Las Vegas LIBOR london lottery new car Nicole Snooki Polizzi nude pictures Obama pee Prince Harry psy Rachel Elizabeth rocks The Newsroom TMZ US Prime Rate
- Funtime on Ain’t nobody got time for that kapooya, kapooya bed intruder!
- Ain't nobody got time for that kapooya, kapooya bed intruder! - UberNibbler Blog on Hilarious Texas hail storm description
- Dominican Republic immigrant claims $338 million Powerball lottery jackpot - UberNibbler Blog on Underestimating Jersey Shore Snooki?
- Uber Nibbler on TV deals just for Jeremy boooyyyy!
- Boris on TV deals just for Jeremy boooyyyy!