Hurricane Sandy left a huge path of destruction. Estimating the damages will be almost impossible, since the effects of the hurricane will be felt for years to come. Stock market, tourism, casinos, tax revenues, jobs, insurance costs, infrastructure, and human factor. First careful estimates are in already. The Huffington Post reports:
As a wide swath of the eastern seaboard begins to recover from what’s estimated to be at least $20 billion in hurricane-related damages, the help is pouring in. Federal recovery dollars are being funneled to state agencies, nonprofits are accepting donations, first responders are caring for the injured and neighbors are helping neighbors.
One burning question comes to mind: which countries will jump in first to offer any form of help to the United States?
United States provides tons of assistance after every major disaster all over the world. We all know that. This is a payback time. Who’s first? Going once, going twice…
TagsAdam Smith bait-and-switch cash Chevy chicago Chicago Improv Chick-fil-A credit card dealership drive-thru Dumb and Dumber elections Evanston garbage General gun control hacking Harland Williams HBO Hurricane Sandy Jeff Daniels Jersey Shore Jim Carrey Kia Las Vegas LIBOR london lottery new car Nicole Snooki Polizzi nude pictures Obama pee Prince Harry psy Rachel Elizabeth rocks The Newsroom TMZ US Prime Rate
- Funtime on Ain’t nobody got time for that kapooya, kapooya bed intruder!
- Ain't nobody got time for that kapooya, kapooya bed intruder! - UberNibbler Blog on Hilarious Texas hail storm description
- Dominican Republic immigrant claims $338 million Powerball lottery jackpot - UberNibbler Blog on Underestimating Jersey Shore Snooki?
- Uber Nibbler on TV deals just for Jeremy boooyyyy!
- Boris on TV deals just for Jeremy boooyyyy!